When it comes to search engine optimization, there are three different tasks that people commonly use to help bring their site up to the top of the search engine results. These include:
- On-site optimization – this includes writing effective titles, meta descriptions and ensuring that your site is able to be crawled
- Content creation – a site that does not have great content will not have great long term SEO success
- Content promotion – unless you promote the content on your site, it will be impossible for other people to find the content.
While these are all there very important, about 95% of SEO consists of the last two. On-site SEO is definitely important, but it is also simple. The other two are the more time-consuming parts of SEO.
Here are six ways that you can build links to your site:
- Helping Out Others – So, you have a brand new site, a great way to get a few free links is to offer something for free. You can either offer free products or series to businesses if they will provide you a link. You can also provide giveaways or run Facebook promotions and contests.
- Uniqueness – Web design galleries can be really helpful when it comes to link building. This is especially true if your site is unique. The layout may be unconventional, the color scheme may really stand out, or you might have new features that you use on the site. These all help you. No matter what, you should consider submitting your site design to the galleries so that they can consider it. If they include your site in their gallery, then you will get a link. It’s a win-win situation.
- Look at Your Competition – You should look for the sites that offer links for your competitors and see if they will do the same for you. Let them know that you are new in the industry and that you would like your company to be added to their list. You can use competitive link finder tools to help you find the sites that give links to your competitors.
- Industry Specific Directories – When you create a brand new site, you will find that there are many different industry-specific directories out there that will be willing to list your site. This won’t get you to the top of the search engine results in a matter of days, but they can offer some benefits and boost your rankings.
- Press Releases – Consider submitting a press release when you first start your site. Press release submission can really help when it comes to link building. You should submit it using a high-quality service that is highly reputable. The content should be interesting, newsworthy, and optimized effectively.
- Blog Comments – Commenting on blogs has sometimes been frowned down upon, but when it comes to SEO you will find that it can be very helpful. When leaving blog comments, you will want to make sure that they are not only intelligent but also compelling. This will help to bring more traffic to your site and build links.